Thursday, February 24, 2011

Windows Phone 7 Emulator - Finally Unlocked

When the Windows Phone 7 emulator newly got released, I had unlocked it on my previous computer but then my computer's hard disk crashed and then I was unable to unlock it in my laptop. Now finally after 4 months of googleing, I unlocked the emulator and I works better than before because I have a very good GPU.

I personally believe that nothing is of use until we share it to others so today I will tell you guys how to unlock the emulator.

So the question is that what does unlocking means? I just means to unlock all of the features of the emulator just for the sake of exploring. Microsoft originally shipped the emulator with just internet explorer for windows phone 7. All other features were locked.

How to unlock:
1.  After installing the Developer Tools, download the unlocked ROM image or the .bin file from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19237455/WM70C1.en-US.bin
2. Copy the downloaded ROM image to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v7.0\Emulation\Images' (Do not forget to back up the original ROM image)
3. Enjoy :)


We recently created our own Facebook Fan page. Please LIKE our fan page on Facebook. We will be posting latest IT news and videos on the facebook page.

1 comment:

Gaurav Gugale said...

Thanks!!!
That Worked for me

Share the Knowledge

My Card